- Alabama to Maryland
- Massachusetts to South Carolina
- South Dakota to Wyoming
- Washington DC
- Get Listed
- About Us
Tell us about your case
Get Listed in this directory for only
Call 1-800-414-5025 to speak to a web marketing expertMore Info
Boston, MA Attorneys, Lawyers and Law Firms
Directory of Boston, Massachusetts Attorneys, Lawyers, Law Firms, etc.
(5494 attorneys currently listed)
Featured Boston Attorneys
All Boston, Massachusetts Attorneys
Boston, MA Attorney News
Irish nanny facing murder in death of 1-year-old girl denied bail
Aisling Brady McCarthy, a nanny from Ireland, will have to await her murder trial in jail after she was denied bail.
McCarthy is accused of the death of Remah Sabir, a one-year-old girl who had suffered a head trauma while under her care. She was brought in to the hospital and died two days later.
However, McCarthy may get a reprieve after the judge got frustrated with the prosecutors' delay in handing over medical proof which could prove critical for her defense.
David Meier, a criminal attorney in Boston defending for McCarthy, said that the evidence they were asking for is necessary to the case.
McCarthy's defense said they are not ready to go to trial in April because of the delay.
Former NFL star submits 'no guilt' plea in the killing of a friend
Aaron Hernandez, who used to play for the New England Patriots, submitted a not guilty plea to all the charges he is facing in connection to the death of his friend, Odin Lloyd.
Lloyd's body, which bore five gunshot wounds, was found in a park near Hernandez's home.
The defense team behind Hernandez headed by Boston criminal attorney Charles Rankin is confident that their client will be acquitted of all charges because the evidences against him are circumstantial.
Hernandez allegedly masterminded Lloyd's shooting death because he was angry with his friend for conversing with people he did not like inside a nightspot a couple of days prior.
Charges have also been filed against two men for their alleged involvement in the incident.
Hernandez has also been tied to a probe conducted on a double murder in 2012 after a vehicle police have been searching for was found rented by Hernandez while investigating Lloyd's death.
One of US' most wanted fugitive found guilty of murders and gang-related crimes
A jury found James "Whitey" Bulger guilty of killing 11 of the 19 people he was accused of murdering and committing grisly crimes related to his being the leader of an Irish mob, considered as the most ruthless in Boston.
Bulger's trial exposed the corruption that existed within the FBI in Boston as well as the close ties that it had with its criminal informants.
An impending life sentence looms for the 83-year-old former Irish mob boss with his sentencing scheduled for Nov. 13.
Boston criminal defense attorney J.W. Carney Jr. representing Bulger said his client has plans of appealing the conviction based on an immunity that he was granted which the judge did not allow him to argue.
He said that the immunity was granted by a federal prosecutor, who has already passed away.
Despite the conviction, Carney said that Bulger was satisfied with how the trial turned out because he had always wanted to expose the corruption that existed within the government.
United States Attorney News
NSA employee accused in adopted son's death
Brian Patrick O'Callaghan is facing murder charges after it has been alleged that he had beaten his adopted son which resulted to the 3-year-old's death.
O'Callaghan is a former marine and a war veteran who now works for the NSA.
The suspicion against O'Callaghan started when police were called to the hospital where the boy was confined.
The boy was suffering from brain hemorrhage and fractures in the skull, injuries consistent with beating.
O'Callaghan had told police investigators that his wife had gone out of town thus he had been caring for the boy.
While under his care, O'Callaghan said the child had hit his shoulder in the shower after falling backwards. The next day, when he went to check on the boy who was napping, he said he noticed mucus coming out of the boy's nose and when he picked him up, the boy started vomiting so he brought him to the hospital.
Steven McCool, a defense lawyer in Washington representing O'Callaghan, is insisting on his client's innocence.
He said the allegations have no basis and that O'Callaghan is disputing that the child suffered several injuries in the head.
Judge denies third trial for man convicted of murder
Nicholas Christopher Ferro was denied a third trial for the death of Marques Butler in 2009.
Ferro's first trial had ended in a hung jury. In his second trial, he was convicted of murder in the second degree last September.
However, he had asked for a third trial with Miami attorney Carlos Gonzalez pointing out several things, the main of which is that the charges should not have been murder in the second degree because of the scant amount of time that Ferro and Butler have known each other before the incident happened.
According to Ferro's defense, a murder in the second degree charge would require that the perpetrator and victim are familiar with each other thus the need for a time requirement on how long they have known each other basing on the murder laws of Florida.
However, the judge said the amount of time is not required.
With Ferro's demand for a third trial denied, a life imprisonment sentence looms for him.
Man cleared of rape that happened in 1993
Stephen Cothran was acquitted of rape and kidnapping charges in connection to an incident that happened in 1993.
Cothran, 56, became a suspect when his DNA linked him to evidence gathered during the incident.
However, a negative test had the jury dismissing the charges against Cothran.
Reuben Sheperd, a criminal attorney in Cleveland defending for Cothran, said that the victim had agreed to have sex with his client.
Former Human Rights Commission employee enters plea deal in child pornography
Larry Brinkin, who used to work for the Human Rights Commission of San Francisco, entered into a plea deal agreement on his child pornography charges.
The plea deal saw a second charge of child pornography distribution dropped against the 67-year-old Brinkin.
Under the plea deal, Brinkin will spend six months behind bars and another six months of house arrest. Afterwhich, he will undergo probation for four years.
Brinkin, who is a staunch supporter of the LGBT advocacy, will also be entered in the list of sexual offender and is ordered to go through therapy.
Randall Knox, an attorney in San Francisco, said that Brinkin has been deeply sorry for what he has done and has fully understood the damage that child pornography can inflict on victims.
16-year-old charged with hate crime, will be tried as an adult
Richard Thomas may only be 16 years old but he will be facing the charges filed against him as an adult.
Thomas is facing several charges including "hate crime" after he set another teenager, Luke "Sasha" Fleischman, 18, on fire.
Both were riding on a bus when the incident happened with Fleischman wearing a skirt.
Fleischman's parents said their son does not identify himself either as a male or female.
According to police, Thomas had told them he set Fleischman on fire because he is homophobic.
San Francisco defense attorney Michael Cardoza said his client, Thomas, if convicted would be facing a longer sentence because of the hate crime charge.